Position Summary: In this role you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Lithium Metal manufacturing facility. Leads and manages all activities to ensure safe plant operations, effective planning, and regulatory compliance in the manufacturing of various chemical products maintaining high standards for product quality and responsiveness to customer needs and production requirements. Responsible for optimizing cross-functional support within responsibility area including Maintenance, Engineering and Technical resources. Plays a key leadership role in effort to continuously improve operations in both area of responsibility and site wide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads EHS efforts in the area, promoting a safety culture that is fully compliant with site, corporate and regulatory standards. Sponsors safe activities and seen as a leader in EHS within both their area and plant wide.
- Leads and participates in formal incident investigations identifying root causes, tracks the appropriate corrective actions, and ensures implementation to improve safety and environmental performance in the area.
- Leads area safety execution system (ECS) to drive daily and weekly area performance safety performance.
- Accountable for achieving environmental compliance to air, water and solid waste permit conditions for the area.
- Leads management-of-change (MOC) approach and instills a strong culture of adherence to systematic MOC practices in Metals area operation.
- Proficient practitioner of structured Hazard Analysis techniques. Ability to train and facilitate with others to achieve a broad practice-in-place with the Metals work group.
- Accountable to ensure a high degree of compliance to life-critical procedures.
- Establish work and capacity standards to support planning and scheduling of area activities.
- Validate and commit to weekly and monthly shipping schedules as developed in the S&OP Process.
- Integrated scheduling and coordination with other site functions and departments to achieve plan results.
- Coordinates the preparation of the capital plan for the area, and its incorporation into the overall Site Capital Plan. Sets priorities for the plan’s execution.
- Identifies and executes efficient product and raw material inventory levels.
- Leadership to coordinate and focus other functions to achieve Metal business results.
- Responsible for suggesting and implementing innovative solutions and changes to procedure and policy to ensure continual quality of work and product.
- Drives product and process capability to meet customer quality requirements to business desired level of consistency and performance.
- Leads reliability efforts to achieve continuous improvement with asset utilization and overall customer reliability for on-time service.
- Develop and direct employees in a proactive manner by fostering both individual employee contributions and development and cooperative teamwork, motivating toward total quality performance and exercising effective communication.
- Formally appraise the performance and behavior of direct reports and provide appropriate feedback on both a continuous informal and formal basis.
- Responsible for recognizing employees and recommending appropriate rewards within defined compensation systems.
- Creates and sustains a culture of discipline to established procedures. Enforces accountability and ensures expectations of employees following effective procedures.
- Accountable for validating employees demonstrate key competencies in carrying out job duties.
- Actively engage in the development of professionals; serve as a mentoring resource for the plant.
- Responsible for overall recruiting process in the area which includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Prepare financial budgets.
- Control all expenses to budget in area of responsibility. Effective analysis of variances and control actions to meet commitments. Forecast known variances which can be anticipated and implement controls where possible to minimize.
- Ensure specific capital projects are managed per defined process and are monitored and controlled effectively for defined results, costs and timing.
Education and Experience
- A four-year degree in a technical discipline, preferably engineering.
- At least 10 years manufacturing or engineering management experience in assignments of increasing responsibility.
- Management experience must include exposure to production and process functions.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- General working knowledge of plant engineering, human resources practices, quality assurance practices, and environmental management.
- Experience in Manufacturing software, Project Management software, Human Resources systems; MS Office, and Six Sigma principles.
- Command Skills
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports
- Technical/Functional Skills
- Drive for Results
- Strategic Agility
- Building Effective Teams
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Safety Requirements: All employees are expected to carry out their work functions in a healthy and safe manner, to encourage and support safe work practices at all times, and to report and/or rectify any unsafe conditions that may come to their attention immediately.
Personal Protective Equipment – Must wear PPE as required based on job duties.
Travel Required: Periodic infrequent international and domestic travel required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.