My client is a leading global insurance company that offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. In this role the AVP, Network Engineering is responsible for the architecture, design and operations of all networking and telecom technologies. Responsible for managing and maintaining organizational effectiveness and efficiency of an onshore-offshore team that supports all networking technologies on 24×7 basis.
This position must have a solid understanding of the technologies, general IT, strategy, and be able to provide guidance and direction to ensure overall 99.9 % uptime for a large global network.
Deep technical knowledge of the core technologies is needed and the capability to be hands on when required is an expectation of this role. Certifications in core technologies are a benefit.
- Manage Architecture/Engineering teamwork intake and distribution.
- Manage operations teamwork load execution and operational excellence.
- Participate in Design and deployment of all network infrastructure inclusive of Lan/Wan/Security and load balancing solutions.
- Responsible for level 3 troubleshooting
- Oversee maintenance of all network monitoring and reporting systems
- Oversee documentation related to all Network systems.
- Manage all Network infrastructure licensing and support/maintenance contracts.
- Perform administrative tasks pertaining to team time entry and status reporting.
- Perform level 3 network maintenance/changes.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Manage all new site build/delivery inclusive of hardware, connectivity, infrastructure cabling and power.
- Manage Hardware, software, and connectivity vendors.
Requirements: Minimum 10 Years of Domain Experience, CCNP Certified
- Excellent network troubleshooting skills. Must be able to quickly identify and resolve network related issues in smallest possible time.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to clearly interact with the customer, understand the requirements and communicate with the offshore team. Must be able to participate and represent the team in Change and Incident management meetings.
- Troubleshoot Routing Loops
- Troubleshoot Asymmetric Routing & STP Loop issues.
- Troubleshoot Load Balancers issues for Application flow.
- Working on all applications such as SAP, Citrix, Portal, etc.
- Working on SDWAN related issues
- Analyzing the outputs of all the tools and making recommendations example: High CPU utilization on core device at Data Center
- Implementation of Operational Changes & coordination with project team for project related Changes.
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Cisco ASA, IPS
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Cisco ISE
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Wireless, Cisco AnyConnect
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Configuring/Troubleshooting LAN Switching – VLAN, VTP, STP, EtherChannel,
- Quality of service configuration
- Configuring/Troubleshooting WAN – MPLS, Metro-E
- Configuring/Troubleshooting TCP/IP protocol suite,
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Application protocols – HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSL etc.
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Network Security – IPsec/SSL VPN, AAA Architecture, TACACS+, RADIUS
- Cisco Catalyst & Nexus 9K/7K Series of switches
- Configuring/Troubleshooting of Cisco Routers, 3900, 4400 Series
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Cisco IOS Software
- Configuring/Troubleshooting of WAN Acceleration/optimization
- Configuring/Troubleshooting of Application Load balancers
- Experience with Next Gen Firewalls – Cisco, Fortinet
- Experience with Firewall Cloud Services – Zscaler, Cisco Umbrella
- SDWAN Experience – Silverpeak/Velo Cloud
- Experience with network segmentation – Trustsec, Cisco Tetration or Illumio
- AWS, GCP, Azure Cloud experience a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to communicate with the customer and be able to present solutions to peers.
- Open for 24×7 availability
- Conduct technical trainings to internal resources.