Job Summary Working under minimal supervision of the Practice Director or Practice Manager, relying on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals, the Senior (Sr) Systems Engineer (SE) manages a combination of field and remote deployable engineering activities, pre-sales configuration and consulting activities, skills and certification maintenance, and engineering laboratory research and technology development tasks. The Sr SE primarily works to maintain a high level of billable utilization, which is a combination of customer onsite or remote installation and system deployment, configuration, system troubleshooting, performance optimization, and documentation. Senior level Systems Engineer with advanced to expert skill level and varying practical experience, completes complex projects with broader scope, works independently, mentors’ peers and has moderate interaction with peers on work assignments; typically, is asked to function as Lead Engineer on projects. The Senior Systems Engineer is focused in two or more of the following: Active Directory/ Azure Active Directory, Azure Security, Azure DevOps, Azure Disaster Recovery, Microsoft Intune, MIM or Azure IaaS and PaaS technology.
Where applicable, this position assures departmental processes are performed in compliance with applicable Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
· Performs a variety of post-sales field deployable engineering activities such as design analysis, configuration, billable installation, troubleshooting, and documentation.
· Analyzes results of discovery and information gathering assessment services which may result in redesign or additions to the SOW.
· Configures, tests and troubleshoots on premise and cloud-based systems and platforms and other related Information Technology (IT) components.
· Creates environment diagrams/drawings etc.
· Creates as-built documents that describe the environment deployed by engineering organization.
· Creates reports on up-time, bandwidth usage, device utilization, and other key metrics.
· Communicates with customer’s technical staff on technical concepts and transfers basic knowledge of the systems and technologies installed.
· Acquires and maintains certifications required per the level and practice requirements
· Attends technical training as needed or assigned
· Provides technical configuration and consulting to Sales and customers in the pre-Sales phase.
· Supports vendor products & technologies by creating Bill of Materials (BOM).
· Reviews customer technical requirements, supports design of products & network solutions.
· Provides content for Statement of Work (SOW) documents.
· Reviews and assists in building data center designs.
· Attains new technology knowledge and skills to provide new technology solutions to customers.
· Works with Services leadership to develop and test new technology services.
· Works with technology partners and vendors for technology services and support.
· Works with our partners to learn new and advanced technologies.
Administrative duties such as but not limited to:
· Maintains time entry, general expense reporting upkeep.
· Participates in Corporate policy training.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience