Large Multinational Hospitality Company
Responsible for increasing revenue through the development of Catering business. Drive catering sales through incoming inquiries and active solicitation of new business. Responsible for selling, planning, coordination, and execution of all catering events to increase revenue and gain market presence in addition to growing new account business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proactively solicit and secure new business through networking, solicitation, site inspections and outbound sales calls.
- Negotiate and book new & repeat business through efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc.) while maximizing banquet space to meet/exceed revenue goals.
- Pursue sales activities on a weekly basis to align with achieving monthly budget, individual and team goals and catering revenue goals as outlined.
- Execute a territorial marketing strategy to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
- Secure new accounts in the assigned market to contribute to enhancing and maintaining a healthy portfolio of accounts.
- Plan, up sell and detail the meeting/function with the client including space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc. Complete the contracts, prepare the appropriate paperwork, including banquet event orders, coordinate with the appropriate departments in the hotel, and resolve any issues, complaints, and problems to ensure a positive experience at the property and customer.
- Maintain detailed files with signed Catering Agreements and Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) for all catering and group events booked, ensuring minimum revenues are met.
- Assist to organize all details of the Banquet Event Order ensuring all arrangements are confirmed and communicated to the Banquet Department, Chef, Food and Beverage Manager.
- Manage the event supervision by communicating with all departments and ensuring the accuracy of event details.
- Develop customer profiles and maintain an effective trace system including dates and references – resulting in superior account service and strong customer relationships.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of corporate/hotel procedures and products and the competition’s product, strengths and weaknesses to continually improve sales strategies and the achievement of goals.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly and annual reports (i.e.: action plans, goals, and forecasts on groups).
- Maintain business relationships with existing accounts for repeat groups.
- Perform Manager-on-Duty functions and shifts as assigned.
- Detail the program with the client including verification and modification of space requirements, audio-visual, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc.; preparing the appropriate event orders and paperwork to ensure quality service within appropriate time frames
- Monitor and control individual client event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product.
Two to four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
- A minimum of three years sales experience in a related position. Hotel sales experience preferred.
- Ability to perform critical analysis and manage wide range of information.
- Extensive knowledge of negotiating and sales procedures associated with the hotel industry.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills sufficient to produce effective sales and marketing communication.
- Proven listening skills. Ability to delegate, manage manpower and organize complex projects and establish priorities consistent with department/hotel objectives.