Lead the field operations teams at multiple customer sites.
Responsible for hiring, developing, and leading a diverse team of site managers, adjustment technicians, safety managers and mechanical and electrical contractors.
Coordinate with HQ in Japan on installation practices and efforts. Create long term plans and schedules to properly support projects with highly trained personnel, qualified contractors, and required materials to exceed customer expectations.
Deliver team performance that meets or exceeds the expectations of both customer and company in areas of safety, schedule, cost, and quality.
Capable of managing a diverse organization located at various locations.
- Model safe behaviors and drives safety program at operational and organizational level.
- Support the quality process to deliver quality and QA/QC requirements and facilitate high quality handoff to customer and service team on site.
- Hire, train and manage diverse teams of leaders, quality, technical and safety personnel.
- Manage customer relationships through project meetings, on-site and remote interactions, and leadership of project teams to enhance relationships and customer satisfaction.
- Capable of managing teams that manage projection execution >$100 million in value.
- Manage labor and contract budgets more than $10 million in value.
- Proactively address problems and manage escalations to achieve customer satisfaction and address root cause issues.
- Coach and mentor site leadership personnel to deliver project objectives.
- Hire new talent and develop the next generation of site leaders and technical experts.
- Work with peers in safety, quality, continuous improvement, sales/account management and MML to support efforts and initiatives.
- Create success through effective team building and organizational strategy efforts.
- Work with purchasing department to develop contractor performance metrics and development processes.
- Assist General Manager and division staff in developing strategic objectives and other long-range goals.
- Create long range planning goals for people and projects to meet organizational objectives.
- Work successfully with global operations leadership to align goals and implement plans.
- Drive efforts to deliver continuous improvement and drive efficient processes and practices.
- Improve collaboration and working relationships between US and HQ in Japan.
- Develop and implement critical KPIs for each department to measure effectiveness.
- Develop annual and long-range budgets and profit/loss plans in cooperation with the General Manager.
- Work with assigned personnel to provide recognized quality installation of North America CFA installations. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university in Engineering, 5+ years’ experience in related field/position, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing teams.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret customer requirements and specifications.
- Ability to strategize, develop, present, and negotiate on internal management and customer personnel regarding schedules and implementation/safety procedures for given contracts.
- Ability to write reports and to effectively present information to customers and company management.
- Japanese language skills preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with Automated Material Handling Systems (AMHS). Understanding of Electro/mechanical and PLC skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project. Management, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change and flexible regarding work schedule.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Able to be successful in customer facing meetings and interactions.
- This position requires up to 25% travel including domestic and international with overnight stays.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record are required.