Our client is looking to hire a PMO Manager who is responsible for establishing and directing the Project Management Office’s (PMO) strategies and operations. This role entails defining and developing project management tools, standards, best practices, and processes. The PMO Manager will be a catalyst for driving change and accountability within the company, emphasizing strategic value delivery, and leading the adoption of effective project management techniques for solution implementation. This position carries the authority to oversee and optimize high-volume projects, with a focus on resource efficiency and client satisfaction. The Manager will also play a crucial role in building and scaling the PMO team to support the company’s growing client base. Reporting to the Director of Service Delivery, this role will be instrumental in shaping the organization’s project management capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(May include the following; other duties may be assigned.)
Technical Services Delivery:
- Provide subject matter expertise and management within the Project Management discipline, capabilities, and processes.
- Proactively identify, implement, and manage process improvements and agile solutions within the Project Initiating, Planning, Controlling, and Closure phases.
PMO Team Management:
- Lead by example in areas such as Service Delivery, Quality Assurance, Productivity, Reporting, and Utilization.
- Directly oversee staff, ensuring the tactical execution and implementation of project management processes.
- Support, train, and mentor team members while fostering a culture of shared knowledge.
- Participate in workgroups supporting corporate strategy.
- Lead the interviewing and hiring process in assigned areas and provide input into performance evaluations.
Quality Assurance/Continuous Improvement:
- Lead project quality and post-mortem functions to address project delivery challenges and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Ensure adherence to established practices, procedures, policies, and Executive Leadership direction.
- Monitor departmental expenses to remain within budget.
- Identify, drive, and monitor continuous improvement initiatives.
Communication & Reporting:
- Prepare regular, comprehensive executive summaries on project and team performance for senior leadership.
- Deliver engaging presentations to internal stakeholders, including senior management, team members, and cross-functional groups.
- Effectively communicate the PMO’s value proposition, products, or services to external audiences, including potential clients and partners.
- Manage team communications and facilitate collaboration with project sponsors to meet success criteria.
- Collaborate with Clients, Practice Directors, and Delivery Teams to define timeframes, billing procedures, deliverables, and staffing levels.
- Make decisions and commitments, considering risks and the needs of others.
- Manage individual programs as necessary, ensuring goals and objectives are met.
- Foster a company culture that promotes creativity, open discussions, and increased productivity.
- Understand and balance the diverse needs and agendas of various stakeholders/sponsors.
- Delegate responsibility for optimizing efficiency.
- Make timely and decisive decisions, considering risks and the needs and values of others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a related technical or business field (IT or Business); -or- 10+ years of equivalent professional experience.
- 12 years of experience in technology-based consulting or a related industry.
- Required certifications: Agile, PMP, ITIL, with PMP and at least one other aforementioned certification desired.
- 7 years of experience in managing people, including mentoring and leadership skills.
- 7 years of experience with portfolio and project management tools.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Project, SharePoint, Visio, and Smartsheet.