We are professionals who want to make a difference! We are the world leader for clean and reliable ironmaking solutions for steelmakers in the fastest growing sector of the steel industry.
Proposal development and Sales department support to move potential projects from a conceptual stage through contract negotiation.
- Proposal Engineers do not have direct reports but assign work to and oversee the work of the Proposal Departments Mechanical Designer.
- Prepare the Technical Specification for proposals, incorporating input from engineering disciplines and overall guidance from Manager-Proposals.
- Assist the Project Management department in the preparation of the Project Execution Specification.
- Perform process calculations to determine the duty/size requirements of equipment.
- Review vendor quotes and provide feedback to vendor.
- Prepare simplified process flowsheets for gases, water, and solids.
- Determine plant design features and equipment sizes to meet plant requirements at minimum cost.
- Prepare the equipment list, scope matrix, and bulks list incorporating input from engineering disciplines.
- Support the preparation of the proposal Site Plan, Core Plan General Arrangement, and Elevation General Arrangement drawings.
- Participate in cost estimate reviews.
- Participate in technical discussions and negotiations with potential clients.
- Interact as a teammate with all company departments and teammates. Work toward building a consensus by finding solutions which meet the best interest of all parties involved.
- Prepare and present presentations on the firm’s technology to prospective clients, consultants, and project partners.
- Support the Sales and Contracts departments in Technical Specification negotiations.
- Advise Sales of any situations requiring the need for confidentiality agreements with outside companies.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all types of people inside and outside of the firm.
- Proficient use of Microsoft products PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Industrial plant experience.
- Proficient use of Autodesk Design Review
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Up to 10% International and Domestic based on project demands.