Position Summary: As a Quality Engineer you will work with cross functional teams, such as Manufacturing, R&D, Quality and Commercial, to ensure alignment with the local site Quality Program and defined Quality Objectives.
You will focus on conformity of the Lithium Hydroxide Unit and support functions with IATF 16949:2016, analysis of statistical process control, quality improvement initiatives and provide support for responsibilities listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop/Use Key Process Indicators and statistical methods to determine process effectiveness, identify areas for improvement, best practices, and lead teams in driving continuous quality improvement.
- Lead/Drive/Support corrective and preventive actions, and effectiveness verification activities for product quality issues and customer complaints
- Ensure that quality reporting and records related to incoming and in-process quality trends, returns analysis, complaint investigation, corrective action activity, are clearly documented and maintained.
- May conduct internal audits and other quality system functions as assigned.
- Support new customer qualification through PPAP generation and completion of Self Assessments
- Support site through customer 4M changes; development of FMEA / DRBFM, etc.
- Understand and apply statistical concepts including but not limited to:
- Utilization of hypothesis testing, capability analysis, and other methods based on use of normal and non-normal data distributions where appropriate.
- Control charting methodologies for various types of data, manufacturing processes, and desired controls
- Confidence intervals and their relation to sampling and appropriate application for given risk levels.
- Work closely with Lithium Hydroxide production line to ensure all necessary controls are enforced to be compliant with IATF 16949:2016
- Support development of FMEA and Control Plan for IATF 16949:2016 regulated processes
- Ensure that all company safety rules and regulations are followed and promote general plant safety.
Education and Experience
- BS in Chemical Engineering or other relevant Bachelor of Science Degree
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with strong experience in product quality; chemical manufacturing a plus
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
- Knowledge of the Automotive Quality Standard IATF 16949 (or earlier versions)
- Experienced professional with developing knowledge of the technical field and working knowledge of business processes, technologies, and applications.
- Can independently select, evaluate, and apply techniques, processes, and criteria to complete standard assignments.
- Competency at the customer interface level commensurate with starting level.
- Strong safety orientation in OSHA
- Knowledge of Statistical tools such as Minitab or equivalent
- The ability to effectively present at both informal and formal training settings
- Ability to lead project teams.
- Data based and results driven with strong action orientation combined with practiced risk management abilities.
- Strategic agility with foresight and the ability to create alternate plans.
Personal Protective Equipment – Must wear PPE as required based on job duties or when traveling to locations where PPE is essential.