Position Summary: The Run Plant Engineer is responsible for safe and stable day to day operations of the production unit. You will work with cross functional teams to ensure alignment between commercial, manufacturing, and R&D divisions. You will focus on shorter range process improvement initiatives. Your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Support the site’s safety efforts through activities such as safety observations, safety improvement projects and key safety procedure audits.
- Resolving day to day production issues and process problems
- Initiate and/or approve MOC requests to include action items, training, PSSR’s, etc. and communicate changes.
- Assist in incident investigations, identifying root causes and appropriate corrective actions to improve safety and environmental performance.
- Analysis of Asset Utilization data for reliability and capacity improvement opportunities
- Process safety assessment and improvement initiatives
- Maintaining accurate process technology information
- Development and execution of small-scale quality, yield, or capacity improvement initiatives
- Capital project support.
- Plant / process start-ups
- Participate on Process Hazards Analysis teams.
- Support resolution of high-risk scenario action items generated from PHA teams, etc.
B.S. in Chemical Engineering required (strong consideration will be afforded to candidates with experience in Extractive Metallurgy, Minerals Processing or Hydrometallurgy)
- 3-10 years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing (crystallizer experience, and cGMP or equivalent quality systems experience preferred)
- Strong knowledge of chemical processing with the ability to solve complex chemical engineering process problems.
- Exposure to production and process functions
- Proficient in Project Management & AFE Process
- Presentation skills, public speaking
- Knowledge of PSM, LOPA, PHA, EHS Policy/Procedures/SOP,
- Environmental Regulations Specific to Plant Processes
- Proficiency in DCS/PLC Process Control
- Comfortable being out in the plant.
- Good composure
- Familiar with Lean manufacturing principles, OAU
- Identify through observation bottlenecks and issues to help the existing production process run better.
- Execute projects up to $100k.
- Effective communicator, up and down
- Conduct and lead Root Cause Analysis and identifying preventative / corrective actions.
- P&ID development
- Complete Mass and Energy Balances on unit operations to processes.
- Provide process data to size pumps, exchangers, control valves, flow meters and other basic equipment or unit operations.
- Basic systematic troubleshooting
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office products
- Familiar with and know how to read single line diagrams, piping isometrics, tank and equipment drawings.
- Six Sigma
Competencies important to the position:
- Process safety knowledge
- Technical / functional skills
- Problem solving
- Actions oriented / drive for results.
- Decision quality and data-based decision making.
- Planning and project management
- Interpersonal skills and self-awareness
- Comfort around higher management
- Customer focus
Personal Protective Equipment – Must wear PPE as required based on job duties or when traveling to locations where PPE is essential.
Travel Required: None