Primary Job Duties
- Manage all facets of an enterprise Windows Server environment. Support interaction and connectivity to adjacent systems within this environment.
- Proficient with architecting and administering data protection and disaster recovery solutions focused on CommVault, Zerto and storage-based technologies (IBM & NetApp).
- Develop and apply best practices and procedures in addition to producing and maintaining detailed documentation.
- Through lifecycle initiatives, maintain and update all hardware and software platforms that comprise the infrastructure, performance tune systems, and upgrade/migrate assets before they fall out of support.
- Manage and act as the technical lead on projects while delivering quality solutions, on time, and within budget, while factoring in future growth when proposing solutions.
- Author project plans, develop schedules, and create documentation and messaging that will be sent out to the business.
- Design and implement hardware and software solutions for the network infrastructure with a primary focus on, but not limited to, Microsoft technologies.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the security policies that apply to this position and work performed within the infrastructure.
- Determine and document baseline performance of existing systems. Monitor these systems to identify and resolve performance issues.
- Identify vulnerabilities within the infrastructure and provides recommendations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the security patch management system, alert and monitoring systems, and data backup platforms.
- Minimum years of work experience to qualify for role: 7
- Total years of work experience to be fully proficient: 9
- Understanding of Firewalls
- Understanding of a Citrix environment
- Administration of CommVault and Zerto data protection solutions in a heterogenous physical and virtualized environment (Windows, Linux, AIX)
- Administration of Microsoft Exchange
- Administration of a VMWare ESX environment
- Administration of Microsoft SCCM and SCOM platforms
- Administration of Windows server including Active Directory, OS installation, and troubleshooting
- Microsoft DFS/GPO/DNS/FTP/DHCP/IIS services implementation and troubleshooting
- Project management skills with the ability to author and manage projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced organization by prioritizing workloads to meet delivery dates.
- Methodical with the ability to follow established policies, processes, and security standards.
Nice to have:
- Microsoft, VMWare Certifications
- Administration of Storage Infrastructure, Proficiency with NETAPP, IBM and Brocade SAN fabrics
- SAN/Storage based data replication technologies to support system refreshes and disaster recovery, namely with IBM FS, SVC and NetApp technologies.
- Advanced Server knowledge such as Microsoft Clustering
- PowerShell scripting
Employees are required to be present at the approved work location to perform the functions of this position.
Occasional travel may be required, less than six trips per year.
Offsite data centers in Marlborough, MA and Nashville, TN where we may need to travel to install or perform maintenance to our infrastructure. Planned in advance.